Open submissions: May Update
By Anne Perry
Posted on May 5, 2016 in News with tags Open Submissions
Hello! A few of you are still waiting to hear back from us about the open submissions window and our decisions. Let’s get to the update!
First: the numbers.
We have officially responded to about 95% of all novels that were submitted to us last August. The Hodderscape team have not yet made their final decisions about the remaining 5% of submissions.
Last week, I wrote in the comments to one of the previous updates that we planned to have the final decisions on that last 5% by this week. Unfortunately, we were not able to finish all the reading over the long weekend, so I’m sorry to say those of you who are still waiting will have to wait just a little longer. We hope to have made our final decisions on the remaining 5% by next week.
Those of you who are still waiting to hear from us: you are waiting because your work received a positive response from your first reader, and we have shared your novel with the rest of the team for second reads. We will not proceed – either by turning your manuscript down or calling the full manuscript in – without a consensus from the readers. It’s a slow process, but it’s hugely important to us that we consider every work submitted to us thoughtfully and thoroughly. You worked hard to write it; you deserve no less consideration from us.
I absolutely understand how long and agonizing the wait has been for everyone who submitted their work in August. On behalf of everyone at Hodder, I’d like to thank you all for your patience and ask those of you who are still waiting to hear to bear with us a little bit longer.