NaNoDodo Day 25: Writing Inspiration!
By Anne Perry
Posted on November 25, 2014 in Books with tags Writing Advice
Not quite the same thing as a writing trigger! Triggers get you into the writing mood, but writing inspiration gets you writing. Where do you find it? I asked Twitter and got some astonishing answers.
- The twitching corpses of my latest victims. Wait, did I say that aloud?
- I look to my dreams. Why is why all my books are about a) being eaten by a giant cheese and b) unpublished.
- I look to better writers. Which is why I haven’t written any books.
- Unhappiness. Which is why I never run out of ideas.
- I just dip into my little store of random thoughts squirreled away over time. Don’t all authors do that?
- Everywhere, anything. Music, newspapers, headlines, overheard conversations, maps, walks in the woods, fields, city…
- A mix of chance incidents, and the itchy feeling in my skull. If I ever get a book deal, please send me to the nit nurse.
- have gotten a lot of ideas from various museum artefacts.
- I photo copy my butt and then look at it for divination…. oh… you said inspiration.
Well, maybe not so astonishing, given that I was asking at 4 pm on a Wednesday afternoon. <3 U TWITTER.
But, in all seriousness: what is your writing inspiration? Is it a conversation overheard late at night? A line in a favourite book? Something more concrete, like the desire to see your name on a published novel?
A sign like this?
Whatever it is: get writing!